Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why should I hire a licensed landscape contractor?

A: A licensed landscape contractor has taken the and passed a test required by the California State Licensed Board. He is also required to carry a contractors bond for his license.

Q: Do I need a landscape design?

A: A landscape design will give you and the landscape contractor a clearer picture on what the completed project will look like when it is completed.

Q: When Is the best time to plant?

A: When planting always take into consideration the plants needs. The water schedule is very important. Depending on the time of year you will need to water more or less. Plant stress can occur quickly by under or over watering your newly installed plant material.

Q: Are you licensed, insured, and bonded landscape contractor?

A: Yes, Lesaca Landscape Company is a licensed, insured, and bonded company. For your protection, you should only hire contractors to work on your property that are licensed, insured, and bonded. If you hire a company that is not insured, any accidents on your property may be your responsibility. Furthermore, if you hire a company that does not have a surety bond, you will be responsible to finish incomplete work and pay for reinstallation of a poorly installed landscape.

Q: What are some landscape watering tips?

A: Because the entire root zone should be watered thoroughly, the water should penetrate 6″ to 8″ into the soil. To check the depth of moisture, insert a rod or screwdriver into the soil; it will stop when it reaches dry dirt. Water your lawn early in the morning. Check your sprinkling system for repairs or adjustments. Pulse irrigate (turn the water on for a while and let the water soak in, then turn it off, then repeat the sequence) if you have a sloping lawn.

Q: Do you accept referrals?

A: Yes. Nearly all our customers recommend us to there family, friends, or co-workers. If you know of someone looking for high quality landscaping, please refer them to us. We will gladly work with them on their landscape projects.

Q: What are smart controllers?

A: Smart controllers are irrigation clocks that automatically adjust irrigation run times in response to environmental changes.

Smart controllers use sensors and weather information to manage watering times and frequency. As environmental conditions vary, the controller increases or decreases irrigation. Smart controllers have the ability to turn off your sprinklers automatically during rain, high wind or low temperature.

Smart controllers reduce outdoor water use by an average of 15 to 30 percent. They also reduce over watering, which can cause fungal disease and insect problems.

Q: Is mulching my shrub beds important?

A: Mulch is a garden essential because it helps the soil retain moisture and keeps weeds from germinating.

Any time you plant, add a layer of mulch to retain moisture and prevent weeds. Keep the mulch away from the base of the plant. Also spread mulch over any bare spots. Keep in mind that you have to renew mulch, because worms will eat it and it will gradually be worm away or break down into the soil.

Hardwood mulch works well to cool soil and prevent weeds. A hardwood and compost mulch mix protects plants and is pretty. It has the added advantage of breaking down to add nutrients to the soil.

Q: Why install a drip system?

A: Drip systems are the most efficient way to apply water to your landscape. Drip systems apply 90% of the water to the plants root zone where it’s needed. Spray systems apply only 70% with the other 30% wasted. Drip systems reduce fungal and insect problems on plants. Drip systems can save you money on your water bill.

What our customers are saying...

We are very happy with the work that you did for us in our front and back yards. Your crews were prompt and efficient and completed their work on schedule. We were also impressed with your personal attention to both of our projects. We appreciate the fact that you were on site everyday and often worked alongside your crew. We also appreciate the way that you were willing to work with us during the projects, allowing us to make changes as needed and stay within the budget. The end result was enhanced by the way that you were able to utilize some of the existing plant material, while adding new plants and lighting into the design. You successfully transformed our tired landscaping into a beautiful space that we can now enjoy. Thank you for your effort on our behalf.

Steve & Nancy Annis
Ready to work with us? Contact Us Today